Tuesday, April 12, 2011

num nums


    I saw this picture earlier and it reminded me of my latest challenge; trying to cook. As weird as it is, i just feel like I'm almost less of a person if I can't cook a fantastic meal. I mean this is ridiculous really, there's plenty of wonderful people who can't cook. My mom is one of them actually, haha! I mean she can cook a few things, and those few things are very good. But I want more out of cooking than just a few good meals! I want to be able to make anything and I want it to be amazing! I'm not sure if I will get the Harry Potter Cookbook, although it would look good on my shelf with all of my other books. I guess it has recipes of British and Irish culture so I might just have to invest in it. Recently, I have made pork chops. I made a sauce for them that has cut up peaches and honey barbecue sauce and apple vinegar. I also put some peach vodka in it. It was so good! I couldn't believe my friends and I had made it! Last night my roommate and I made Chicken and potatoes and asparagus. Which is pretty basic, but when i tell you i have no cooking skills, I really really mean it. 

This was the recipe for the Grilled Pork Chops W/ Tang Peach BBQ sauce...

For the pork chops:
2 tablespoons olive oil
2 tablespoons brown sugar
2 teaspoons chili powder
2 teaspoons of salt
1 teaspoon blakc peper
6 10 ounce pork chops

For the sauce:
1 cup barbecue sauce
1 ripe peach peeled and diced
2 tables spoons apple-cider vinegar
1 tablespoon of water
and i just put in a little bit of the peach vodka.

In a bowl mix olive oil, brown sugar, chili powder, salt, and pepper, rub onto pork and put them in plastic bags. Refrigerate for at least an hour or overnight. In a saucepan let the sauce boil then transfer to blender to puree. Cook chops for 12 mins per side. Brush each with barbecue mixed sauce. cover and grill for 4 mins until a nice glaze is created.  The last step is followed by an intense workout!

[Thanks to the Cosmo August 2009 Issue for this one]

Next on my list is KEY LIME PIE

No comments:

Post a Comment